There are still a lot of events happening around Springfield even with the chilly, winter temperatures. Jim Leach talks with Amy Beadle, Sales & Marketing Manager for the Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Events Happening This Month:
- Winter Farmer’s Market at Union Station – January 15.
- MLK Tribute event at the ALPLM on January 17.
- The State of Sound, is leaving the ALPLM, final day is January 23.
- Springfield & Central IL African American History Museum – multiple great exhibits right now: Black Trooper History; 1908 detailed panel exhibit and Follow the Recipe a collection by Kathryn Harris
- Jr. Blues Hockey at the Nelson Center
- UIS and Boondocks have a number of great acts and performances in January and Feb, check out our website for full listing
- February 12 – Free admission to the ALPLM for Abraham Lincoln’s birthday