A recent study by the University of Westminster reveals that watching scary movies can burn up to 200 calories!
Why? How? Well, it would appear that participants’ heart rates, oxygen intake and carbon dioxide output were measured and this study found that on average, the number of calories used increased by a third during viewing.
Nice! Who needs to work out when we can watch scary movies?
Top Calorie-Burning Horror Films
1. The Shining: 184 calories
2. Jaws: 161 calories
3. The Exorcist: 158 calories
4. Alien: 152 calories
5. Saw: 133 calories
6. A Nightmare on Elm Street: 118 calories
7. Paranormal Activity: 111 calories
8. The Blair Witch Project: 107 calories
9. The Texas Chain Saw Massacre: 105 calories
10. Corky Romano (Ok.. ok.. I added this one myself. What kind of list stops at 9 entries though?!?)