THE GOOD, THE BAD & NERDY FOR OCTOBER 16, 2017
Having a Friday the 13th in October helped launch horror to the top spot this weekend at the box office, as the new Groundhog’s Day-esque Happy Death Day debuted with a successful $26 million opening. Not bad for a mere $5 million budget. Here’s the rundown from the weekend:
1. Happy Death Day — $26.5 million
2. Blade Runner 2049 — $15.1 million
3. The Foreigner — $12.8 million
4. It — $6.1 million
5. The Mountain Between Us — $5.7 million
6. American Made — $5.4 million
7. Kingsman: The Golden Circle — $5.3 million
8. The Lego Ninjago Movie — $4.3 million
9. My Little Pony: The Movie — $4 million
10. Victoria and Abdul— $3.1 million
Nike is releasing another Back to the Future sneaker. Doc Brown’s Vandals will hit stores on October 21st. The high-top sneakers are orange and feature a velcro strap around the high-top, as seen above.
Game of Thrones is taking no chances. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, who plays Jamie Lannister, told the NY Post that GOT actors are being fed lines through earpieces and are not seeing scripts, due to the previous season having scripts leaked thanks to hackers.
And finally for today, if you needed a laugh, Kylo Ren – yes, the Star Wars villain – can help you with this: