Today (September 28) is NATIONAL DRINK BEER DAY! We don’t know how it started by who cares!
Let’s run down some stats and fun facts about beer
– 14% of people say their father introduced them to beer (Not Your Father’s Root Beer)
– A survey by illicitencounters.com reveals that beer goggles do exist. 67% of beer goggle wearers never see their hookup after their original encounter
– 13% of people have dropped their phone in beer while watching a sporting event (SquareTrade)
– 17% of men would give up beer for a full head of hair. (the hair care company Jamie Stevens)
– 10% of women like the smell of beer breath. (Lion Bar Ice Cream)
DRINK OF CHOICE!
A Gallup poll reveals that 43% of people say beer is their favorite alcoholic drink followed by wine (32%) and liquor (20%). Other findings:
– 50% of women prefer wine over beer and liquor
– 54% of men prefer beer over liquor and wine
– 25% of people, who drink alcohol say they sometimes drink more than they should
A survey by Wakefield Research reveals that 56.5% of men say beer makes them more social. Other findings:
– 54% of beer enthusiasts consider themselves outgoing
– 73% of beer drinkers love rock music
– 27% of beer drinkers love hip hop
– 67% of beer drinkers claim they are foodies
WE SPEND HOW MUCH ON BEER?!?
A survey by Survey Analytics reveals that the average consumer spends more than $1,270 a year on beer. Other findings:
– 22% of consumers buy and drink beer two to three times a week
– 9% of consumers buy and drink beer five times a week
– 14% of beer drinkers brew their own beer
STOP DRINKING OUT OF THE BEER PONG CUPS!
A study by Clemson University reveals that some beer pong balls can have up to 3 million germs on them. Germs include salmonella, listeria, staph and e. Coli. Ninety percent of the bacteria are harmless.